No.14 Henrietta Street was built before 1748 along with Nos. 13 and 15 as a single building campaign by Luke Gardiner. Along with No.3 these were the last houses to be constructed on Henrietta Street, which remember, was laid out almost 20 years before in 1729.
The architect is unknown. Each of the three houses was constructed to a similar design, internally and externally. The rigid façade geometry of solid (brick walls) and void (window openings), and horizontal parapet is the typical language of the Georgian building tradition.
No.14 has an Ionic Portland stone doorcase with a segmental headed pediment in the form of an aedicule. Note the absence of a fanlight and sidelights which we typically associate Dublin’s Georgian doorcase entrance halls.