Primary Schools Teacher Resources
Task 1: People who lived on Henrietta Street
Take a look at these two pictures and one video of people who lived on Henrietta Street in different time periods:
Pick one person from each picture or video and discuss the following:
- What do you think they are thinking and feeling in that moment?
- What sort of personality do you think they have?
- How do you think these people are the same? How do you think they are different?
- If these people got in a time machine and were able to meet, what do you think they would say to each other? Do you think they would be friends? Why/why not?
Task 2: Letters from the Past
- Write a letter from Lady Molesworth to a friend telling them about Henrietta Street.
- Write a letter from one of the children in the tenement photo to a friend in the country telling them about Henrietta Street
Task 3: A Day in the Life
Tell the story of a day in the life of one of the people pictured in Task 1, from their point of view. You can use evidence to help make your story real. You can do this through writing, drawing or painting a picture or a cartoon strip, acting, singing, or dancing.